Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Daddy-Daughter Weekend



This past weekend might have been the best one I have ever had.  Vanessa was out of town, creating the first ever daddy-daughter weekend.  This was the first time that I have been able to spend more than a long afternoon with her since she was nine months old.  Vanessa left on Thursday night and Friday was a pretty normal day.  Saturday however, was a blast.  I got her up before six and we hit the ground running.  We got to the Desert Museum right at seven.  I wanted to make sure we got there before it got too hot, so that the animals would be more active.  A couple of kids from her day care class met us there, which made my morning a lot easier.  She loved it.  She really loved the wolves, and kept howling all weekend.  When we got home, we went for a bike ride and checked out a couple of garage sales.  Charlotte got a new (to her) slide fort and a scooter.  After a record long nap (from me; I was exhausted), we went out and got some pizza.  I finally got her to be around nine.  She let me sleep late on Sunday.  We played a round of disc golf; her first time.  We drove up to Windy Point and climbed around on the rocks for a while.  That evening, her little friend next door came over and they played on her new slide until it was dark.  When I finally got her to bed around eight, I laid down on the couch to rest.  I barely blinked and it was two in the morning.  As tiring as it was, it was the best time.  I’m happy Vanessa is coming home tomorrow, but I can’t wait until the next daddy-daughter weekend. 



The only problem, I got absolutely no homework or cleaning done.  I don’t know how single parents do it.  I’m so grateful for my wonderful wife.

2 comments:

Risë Harris said...

I'm glad you got to do all of this. She's at a good age right now.

Bennie said...

Looks like your priorities are in order. Those "Days out with Daddy" when you were young are still the best times I ever had!