Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Senioritis

Uof A Campus


It's a real thing.  This May will mark fifteen years since I graduated high school.  To celebrate, I'm finally graduating from college.  Graduation is less than a month away and I feel like I'm stuck in quick sand.  I don't want to do anything.  Unfortunately, I need to pass my last few classes.  One of which is LRC 320.  I'm not even sure what LRC stands for; Language Reading and Culture maybe.  Anyway, the class is called Teaching with Technology and it is designed to teach us ways to use modern technology in the classroom.  To force the issue, it is only offered online.  One of the requirements is that I create a blog and a couple of posts, hence this post.  I have missed writing here and this is as good a reason as anything else to get me back on.  So if anyone still reads this thing, I'm back (for at least two more posts.)

I heard part of the Diane Rehm show today and it sounded like they were talking about Betty Draper's suicide.  I haven't seen last weeks episode yet so I turned the channel as soon as I could.  I'm not sure if I heard them correctly, but I definitely could see that character killing herself.  She is really depressed this season.  It seems that her new marriage and her new weight are bringing her down.  If this is a spoiler for anyone, sorry.  Like I said, I'm not even sure if that's what they were talking about.  You know Diane Rehm, I can hardly understand anything she says anyway.  I'm sure that whatever happened to her to cause her to talk like that was a tragedy, but how can she still have a job in radio.  I guess other people can understand her better than me.  Vanessa says that she always has great guests and is a good interviewer, but I can never listen long enough to enjoy the show.

I think I'll go watch Mad Men now.  Thank goodness for on demand.  How did we ever get by without it?


3 comments:

Christopher Harris said...

Just saw Mad Men. Betty didn't die so I don't know what I heard. Oh well.

Risë Harris said...

But the fight was cool!

Bennie said...

Maybe Diane Rhem killed herself. She had a guest host Friday.