Wednesday, October 19, 2005

DON'T LOOK AT ME, I'M HIDDEOUS!




First of all, I just found out that Vanessa hates that picture that I put up, so maybe this one will make up for it. You see, she loves the cats way more than me.

Now to the main course. Do you ever find yourself really enjoying movies or music that you would never tell anyone you like? Sure you have. These are the movies that come on when you're flipping through the channels and you stop, look around to make sure no one is there, and then shamefully enjoy for the next two hours. The only person I know who will come right out and say that he loves it is my father. He is the only man I know who will publically admit (and be proud of it) that he owns French Kiss and I.Q. I mean, I know Meg Ryann is hot and all, but come on. This man's courage has inspired me to share with you the films that only my wife knows I like. Pure Country. It has some of the worst acting I've ever seen but damn I love this movie. My all time favorite secret obsession, Working Girl. I will drop everything I am doing if that movie is on. Then there are some movies that you can't watch with anyone for a different reason. The unstoppable sobbing. I'll admit it, I cry at some movies. I'm actually a very emotional film watcher. The scene at the end of the first Godfather when Michael Corleone is participating in his nephews religous ceremony and he is saying how he renounces satan, but at the same time you see the hits that he had ordered. A tear comes to my eye. When Gandolf shows up with the first ray of sunlight, a tear comes to my eye. Great moments in movies can do this, but I am talking about the ugly cry. You know what I'm talking about. The two movies that I will absolutely not watch with anyone around are first, Steel Magnolias. I love this movie, but when Sally Fields is at her daughters funeral and she says that she should have gone first. I lose it. The worst though, is Terms of Endearment. Don't even get me started. When Deborah Winger dies and Shirley MacLaine stands up and says, "I didn't think it would be this hard." Well, you know.

I cannot believe I just said all of that. If you haven't seen any of the movies I just mentioned, you have got to see them. But make sure no one is around.

20 comments:

Quentin said...

since there are no good movies out, let me suggest watching 24 on dvd. me and roomates started watching it with season one and watched all the way through season three which we finished last night. watching that show is like shooting up heroine. jack bauer's so cool, he makes samuel l. jackson look like a little girl.

Quentin said...

also, i'm sure you've already seen it, but some movies are definately worth seeing again, and Big Fish is one of those movies.

Rise said...

What about when the bicycles leave the ground in ET?

Grandpa Harris said...

What about when Steve McQueen is blown up in "Hell Is for Heroes?"

Chris Harris said...

how would you know what shooting heroine is like. I don't know if i can watch big fish again. It was really good but it's one of those movies i just don't want to watch again.

Quentin said...

i meant that the show was addicting like heroine is. i watched elizabeth town last week, it was pretty good actually. the soundtrack rocked. and i saw south country last night, it was alright.

Chris Harris said...

i know you did that on purpose. i'm not biting.

Quentin said...

no i said south country by accident. i realized that was really north country yesterday when i saw it on imdb.com. i hadn't even heard of the movie before i went to see it.

Grandpa Harris said...

Speaking of pictures, look what I found: http://www.genetics.uga.edu/gradwebsite/studprofiles/corby.html

Grandpa Harris said...

http://www.genetics.uga.edu/gradwebsite/studprofiles/corby.html

oops! Try this.

Grandpa Harris said...

I don't understand it, but try putting a corby.html after that last /.

I sort of wish I'd never brought this up.

Quentin said...

have you seen saw II yet? ive seen it twice, i really liked it. i saw stay last night, i need to see it again, i didnt understand some of it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris Harris, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on wood working technique I somehow ended up on your page. As your DON'T LOOK AT ME, I'M HIDDEOUS! is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about wood working technique, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

Rise said...

Wow, your new friend is a little repetitious isn't he?

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris Harris, I was out blog surfing looking for some info on wood working band saw when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but your topic caught my eye. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for wood working band saw. I am going to
bookmark your site for future reference and reading. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about wood working band saw at the site above.

Dale's Gmail said...

Hi Chris Harris, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on wood working clamps I somehow ended up on your page. As your DON'T LOOK AT ME, I'M HIDDEOUS! is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about wood working clamps, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

Dale's Gmail said...

Hi Chris Harris, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on dewalt wood working tool I somehow ended up on your page. As your DON'T LOOK AT ME, I'M HIDDEOUS! is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about dewalt wood working tool, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

Dale's Gmail said...

Hi there Chris Harris, a real useful blog. Can you believe it? When blog surfing for detailed info on wood working bed plan I ended up on your page. Obviously your site is not exactly what I was searching for, but your site caught my interest. Just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for wood working bed plan. Should the need ever arise where you need information on wood working bed plan then drop by for a look.

Dale's Gmail said...

Hi Chris Harris, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on starting a wood working business I somehow ended up on your page. As your DON'T LOOK AT ME, I'M HIDDEOUS! is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about starting a wood working business, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris Harris...Wow! While I was searching for info on pattern santas wood working I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for pattern santas wood working. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about pattern santas wood working.