Saturday, June 07, 2008

I Love Summer

Vanessa left today for a conference in Chapel Hill. I must be bored since I'm writing this. Tucson is pretty much in the triple digits everyday now. We finally turned the air conditioner on. I'm not taking any classes this summer so I decided that I will try to accomplish some goals I've wanted to do for a while now. I'm trying to get better at playing guitar so I've been practicing about an hour a day. My fingertips are pretty much wrecked. Also, I took my first golf lesson today. I just wanted someone to tell me correct form and within thirty minutes, the guy had it figured out and I was hitting straight for the first time. It's such an awesome feeling when you make solid contact with the ball. I know I'm going to have to practice a lot more to get my body used to the movements. The biggest problem is that I found out that my clubs are a little too short for me, so I'm going to have to adapt for a while.

I guess I'll go to the movies tonight. There is this new sci-fi film playing and it looks horrible. I'm a fan of really bad movies. Once they get so bad, they're just funny. Plus the main actress and the director are going to be there to present it and you get a comic book that the movie is based on. Go to you tube and check out the trailer for "Gene Generation" and try not to laugh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aohBNKq7OPo&feature=related

4 comments:

Rise said...

I just watched that trailer. It reminded me a little of another book by Orson Scott Card called "Wyrms", which was one of the worst books I've ever read.

Chris Harris said...

It was a pretty bad movie. The special effects were hardly special.

Quentin said...

is bai ling the girl that gave jack the tatoo on lost?

Chris Harris said...

I guess it is. She's one of those people that show up in all kinds of things and when you see her you know you've seen her before, but you can't put your finger on it. Thank goodness for IMDB.